Being a responsible lender – our commitment
We have a responsibility to you, our customers, to be open and honest, to treat you fairly, and to be safe and secure.
These principles affect everything we do. The way we lend money is no exception.
That’s why we are committed to being a responsible lender. This page tells you about our approach. It also outlines what we ask of you in return. If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to ask.
This is what you can expect from us
- Products and lending criteria designed to meet your needs
- Competitively priced products which we promote in a balanced way showing the risks as well as the benefits
- Clear information on the cost of your borrowing, including any fees and charges, and our terms and conditions
- An assessment of your ability to make regular payments and repay the loan, using appropriate credit assessment techniques, before providing credit
- Where the loan limit is solely at our discretion, we will take into account your current and previous financial activity
- A limit on your borrowing that we believe will ensure you don’t overextend your finances
- Your personal information treated confidentially and in accordance with applicable legislation
- Prompt and professional handling of any queries or complaints you may have
- Considerate treatment of payment issues and arrears
We ask that you
- Provide accurate and complete information on your application
- Regularly assess your borrowing and other financial commitments and, if you expect to face payment difficulty in the future, or if you are having difficulties in managing your monthly payments, contact us so we can discuss any help/assistance available
- Understand the terms and conditions on which the money is borrowed, seeking further information and help if needed
- Ensure you have the means to repay the loan